Jim Fulton wrote:
+1. Some more details would need to be worked out. For example, to work for your use case, it would need to be involved in search, or the searching rules would need to be made more powerful, so, when looking for some file name, it is prepared to consider files that have the file name as a base and use some additional extension, as in your example. I would love to see someone work this out. A proposal would be appreciated.

Sounds about right. There could be two cases, then:

1. A filename has some base extension
2. A filename has some base extension and
   an additional extension that corresponds to
   a named adapter, IResourceProvider, deriving
   from IContentProvider.

The default IResourceProvider (registered for '') would simply open the filename and return the contents.

I recently added a hack^H^H^H^Henhancement to zc.resourcelibrary to let you specify a custom directory resource factory to work around this limitation so I could have a dynamically generated js file.

Very useful. I'll look for the changeset.