On Wed, Mar 05, 2008 at 05:01:53PM -0500, Tres Seaver wrote:
> Marius Gedminas wrote:
> > On Tue, Mar 04, 2008 at 05:03:13PM -0500, Tres Seaver wrote:
> >> I would think that getting 'python setup.py test' to work for each
> >> package-being-tested, which a) makes sure that the package works even
> >> for non-buildout-aware users, and b) fits what everybody else in the
> >> Python eggs word expects.
> >
> > That would be great.  Do you know how to make setup.py test invoke the
> > zope.testing test runner?  The standard unittest test runner that
> > setuptools uses by default is not sufficient -- it doesn't know anything
> > about test layers.
>
> Chris McDonough added support for 'setup.py test' to the ZODB trunk:
>
>   http://svn.zope.org/ZODB/trunk/setup.py?rev=84132&view=markup
>
> The set of tests which get run seems not to respect the '--all' flag,
> even when I hack the 'alltests()' function to force it into the
> testrunner optoins.

That code finds the right test suites, but then hands it back to
setuptools which runs them using the standard unittest.TextTestRunner.
This won't work with any package that tries to use the zope.testrunner
layer machinery to, e.g., load the zcml for functional tests.

Marius Gedminas
--
As easy as 3.14159265358979323846264338327950288419716