--On 9. März 2008 21:11:21 +1300 Matthew Grant <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi!

Just created a new branch for zope.sendmail.

This is a result of the state machine analysis work I did on it after
finding that it was creating problems on sending mail to our smart
host...

svn+ssh://[EMAIL PROTECTED]/repos/main/zope.sendmail/branches/grantma-
retryfixes

with lots of juicy new fixes including:

- Restructured SMTP mailer and QueueProcessorThread so that all
  SMTP error logic is in the mailer.  Clears the way for another
  mailer for /usr/sbin/sendmail command line can be used with
  QueueProcessorThread.
- Added ability for QueueProcessorThread so that it can handle temporary
  failures in delivery to its smart host - ie administrator reconfiguring
  mailserver, mail server reboot/restart  This was the main error path
that   was missing from the trunk code's state machine.
- Formatted log messages in a consistent fashion so that they can be
grepped   out of z3.log
- Added maildir message filename to log messages as message id - allows
  easy analysis/triage of mail message sending problems
- Added optional cleaning of lock links to QueueProcessorThread so that
  messages can be resent immediately on Zope3 restart.
- Added pollingInterval (ms), cleanLockLinks (boolean), and retryInterval
  (seconds) configure options to configure.zcml.

Comments welcomed.  I know it is a major portion of code and a bit of a
restructure, but I have created unit  tests for all my major changes.  It
includes all the stuff that was missing and that was needed for our
production server.

This sounds pretty impressing!

Tnx,
Andreas