Hello,

I compiled Python 2.4.4 on AIX 5.3, with cc_r compiler, installed Zope-2.9.8and
Plone-2.5.1.

Everything seems work well, excepted when I call Plone on the browser or
click on the "view tab" inside one Plone site at the ZMI.
When I do this, I get a "Segmentation fault" on the server.

Can anyone help me with this issue?
Are there many AIX and Zope box running Plone?

I found this text in  at Zope-2.9/doc/PLATFORMS/AIX.txt :

"from Wolfgang Roesner (reporting segfaults and a fix)

  The default stack size for a pthread on AIX (at least in my
  configuration) is 96kB. On Solaris it's 1M. As soon as I explicitly
  set the initial stack size to 1M the problem went away and it
  appears as if Zope is up and running.

  Unfortunately I really had to change "thread_pthread.h" in Python
  which obviously is not a nice thing to do as I now have a need for
  my own private version of Python. But at least I have a running
  version of Zope on AIX."

Is this really something to try?

Thank you,
Marcello Bax