On Mar 21, 2008, at 6:54 PM, David Pratt wrote:

Hi Jim. OK great. Many thanks for elaborating. This will be progressive. I had been considering an application use case without a zodb. Is this the scenario that the basic publisher would facilitate?

No-more so than the existing publisher. I just want to make the publisher useful for small applications that don't need the component architecture and other facilities that zope.publisher depends on for mostly minor reasons.

Jim Fulton
Zope Corporation