Wichert Akkerman wrote:
Previously Benji York wrote:
I think people generally treat .egg-info directories like .pyc files, they add an entry to their ~/.subversion/config "global-ignores" (at least I do <wink>).

If you have custom entry points or local plugin you need to handle
.egg-info differently.

I didn't understand that, but I wouldn't worry much about that. :)

No need to change this one, but much like ignoring .pycs, it'll save you a bunch of svn:ignore entries.

Unfortunately svn status ignores global-ignores

That's not been my experience. Like you, I run "svn st" so often my "svnt" keys are almost worn out, but it ignores .pyc files just fine (and everything else in my global ignores).
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer
Zope Corporation