Wichert Akkerman wrote:
Previously Benji York wrote:
I think people generally treat .egg-info directories like .pyc files, they add an entry to their ~/.subversion/config "global-ignores" (at least I do <wink>).

If you have custom entry points or local plugin you need to handle
.egg-info differently.

I didn't understand that, but I wouldn't worry much about that. :)

No need to change this one, but much like ignoring .pycs, it'll save you a bunch of svn:ignore entries.

Unfortunately svn status ignores global-ignores

That's not been my experience. Like you, I run "svn st" so often my "svnt" keys are almost worn out, but it ignores .pyc files just fine (and everything else in my global ignores).
--
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer