ranjith kannikara wrote:
I am a student participating in Google Summer of code 2008. My
proposal to the Zope foundation is to port
Zope2 to Python2.5. I am aware of the works done earlier for porting
Zope3 and the issue like
restricted python implementation. Please give some suggestions on this project.

Zope's not the only ones doing a restricted python implementation. It might be interesting to see what's out there.

Then there's the AccessControl-module which has a C-implementation; it would need to be ported as well.

(Asking to the room), is it out of reach to simply migrate to zope.security (which already runs on Python 2.5)? Obviously there are differences between the two to the extent that some features simply can't be implemented.