On 2008-04-04 14:22:06 +0200, Jim Fulton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

On Apr 4, 2008, at 7:14 AM, Adam GROSZER wrote:

Is there a sane way (or recipe) out there that makes testing a
meta-eggs easier?
As I see now, I'll need to enter all dependent eggs as:

recipe = zc.recipe.testrunner
eggs = my-meta-egg [test]
      dep-egg-1 [test]
      dep-egg-2 [test]
      zope.interface [??test??]

Seems like buildout "knows" which eggs should be there.
This would be needed for a pre-installation test on the target system.
We need to make sure that all tests pass before going into production.

Any help is appreciated.

IMO, testing the dependent eggs isn't desirable, however, I don't object to providing an option to do it.

It might be better to just provide a variable containing all the dependent eggs like ${test:dependent-eggs}. You could do what ever you want then.

Christian Zagrodnick

gocept gmbh & co. kg  ·  forsterstrasse 29 · 06112 halle/saale
www.gocept.com · fon. +49 345 12298894 · fax. +49 345 12298891