On Apr 14, 2008, at 12:39 PM, David Pratt wrote:
Has anyone already setup a more permanent log for buildouts. I am wanting a more permanent record of what has happened when buildout is run. I believe this likely ought to be part of zc.buildout so that you identify a buildout.log location. Many thanks.

There isn't anything like this now. I'd be in favor of something. All that might be needed is to provide a way to specify a python logger configuration. IMO, it would be enough to provide an option to name a logger config file as described in:

  http://docs.python.org/lib/logging-config-fileformat.html

You might be able to arrange this now using the buildout extension mechanism:

  http://pypi.python.org/pypi/zc.buildout#extensions

Jim

--
Jim Fulton