On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 11:14:56AM +0200, Christophe Combelles wrote:
> Christian Theune a écrit :
>> Well. If there are updates that we want to be in the release (from your list
>> zope.app.locales counts AFAICT) we need to do another release candidate. If
>> we'd be good to release 3.4.0 right away, then there can't be any changes
>> from
>> the release candidate. (Getting minor bugfixes out for 3.4.1 or something is
>> another story.)
> If there is nobody yet, I believe someone has to be explicitly chosen or
> voted to take the responsability of releasing, then maintaining the 3.4
> branch.
> If you can (and have time to) do it, then just do it™ (you or/and Stephan).

Yes.  I'm waiting for Stephan to wake up and say something. ;)

> There is a choice between : 3.4.0 now and 3.4.1 a few days later, or
> another RC now and 3.4.0 a few days later.
> Then if you don't want to be a release manager for years, it would be
> great to write a detailed doc on how you did to release the KGS-based
> version and how to build the monolithic version.
> I know there is already a few docs on how to release individual eggs, but
> I don't know one about the full release.

I don't mind being a release manager, but this time I ended up doing all the
work (as the release managers before me did) and I couldn't do that (I spent
quite some time trying though).

We do have a document about the release process. However, we're still in flux
with resolving the tar-ball release and egg-release process officially.

gocept gmbh & co. kg - forsterstrasse 29 - 06112 halle (saale) - germany