Jens Vagelpohl wrote:

On Apr 30, 2008, at 12:41 , Christian Theune wrote:
On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 12:16:53PM +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
I'm trying to figure out what the current state of the art for
monitoring Zope2 processes is. Ideally I'ld want the equivalent of

I figured the medua monitorserver would be a good start, but judging
by the facts that it can only deal with clear-text passwords while the
rest of Zope uses hashed passwords and anything unexpected, such as
using command that produces a lot of output such as locals(), breaks
the whole session makes me suspect that nobody is using that.

What do other people use? Is there any interest in improving the medusa
monitor server?

I'm still using and maintaining ZNagios[1] which, by now, has direct support for
Munin and Nagios.

If you're missing any probes/values, just tell me.

Is it possible to determine process size/memory consumption?

While I think it's a little off-topic from Wiggy's original request (I think he just wants to be able to communicate with the remote process interactively instead of having a watchdog process automatically restarting it), but supervisor restarts crashed processes and now ships with an event listener that will restart a process if it's consuming too much memory: