Chris McDonough wrote:
Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
On Apr 30, 2008, at 12:41 , Christian Theune wrote:
On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 12:16:53PM +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
I'm trying to figure out what the current state of the art for
monitoring Zope2 processes is. Ideally I'ld want the equivalent of
zc.z3monitor.

Is it possible to determine process size/memory consumption?

While I think it's a little off-topic from Wiggy's original request (I think he just wants to be able to communicate with the remote process interactively instead of having a watchdog process automatically restarting it), but supervisor restarts crashed processes and now ships with an event listener that will restart a process if it's consuming too much memory:

http://supervisord.org/manual/current/memmon.html

Nice. We are already using supervisord for this project. Even more off-topic that's why we added the new 'console' command to the zopectl-like script in the zope2instance recipe, to have Zope running in fg mode without the forced automatic development mode.

Hanno