--On 6. Mai 2008 02:26:58 +0100 Laurence Rowe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Following discussions with Kapil, Christian and Martin I've developed
zope.sqlalchemy. The aim is to provide a common base for transaction
integration. It does not attempt to define any particular way to handle
database configuration as there is not yet consensus on the best way to
handle it.

I've uploaded it to zope svn and pypi. See

Currently it depends on a development version of SQLAlchemy. I hope to
make a release following the 0.4.6 release of SQLAlchemy.

See pypi or the readme for details, but briefly usage is something like:

     >>> engine = create_engine('sqlite:///')
     >>> Session = scoped_session(sessionmaker(
     ... bind=engine, transactional=True, autoflush=True,
     ... extension=ZopeTransactionExtension()))
     >>> session = Session()
     >>> session.save(User(name='bob'))
     >>> transaction.commit()

Any comments appreciated.

Looks great (on the paper :-)). Trying to integrate it with z3c.sqlalchemy over the weekend. Thanks Laurence.