Stephan Richter, on 2008-05-08:
> On Wednesday 07 May 2008, Roger Ineichen wrote:
>> > I like that it can extract locales from eggs.  I don't like
>> > that it uses zcml for this.  Is the zcml really necessary?
>> zcml is needed for exctract locales from page templates.
> ZCML is needed to extract strings from ZCML.

I am looking at maybe using this recipe in grokproject.  Having that
zcml be *required* (which it currently is in that recipe) is a no-no
for us simple Grok folks. ;-)

I hope it is possible to remove that zcml requirement; the recipe is
still young, so who knows.  I am also looking at i18ndude for that, as
that is what I have been using in Plone-land so far.  Might work
nicely in the Grok-cave too.

Maurits van Rees |
            Work |