Roger Ineichen wrote:
Anyway, Since zcml is a default part of zope locale extraction
it make no sense to me to not using a working setup for locale extraction. Grok? Does Grok not use zcml extraction?
If not, we could probably change the z3c.recipe and disable
the default zcml extractor.

Currently i18ndude doesn't extract any messages from ZCML. It is used for extraction of all messages for the Plone project which happens to use lots of ZCML. But none of the messages defined in ZCML are actually used in any user visible part of the whole application.

So even if you are a Zope project, I think there's very good reasons not to require ZCML extraction.