On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 3:40 PM, Hanno Schlichting <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Currently i18ndude doesn't extract any messages from ZCML. It is used for
> extraction of all messages for the Plone project which happens to use lots
> of ZCML. But none of the messages defined in ZCML are actually used in any
> user visible part of the whole application.
>
> So even if you are a Zope project, I think there's very good reasons not to
> require ZCML extraction.

Although the ZMI may not count as a 'user visible' part, Generic Setup
profile titles do show up there, which are defined in ZCML and should
be translatable.

Also, these days it is possible to register content views (such as the
default view for a folder) through ZCML, using a menu directive for
the title. Again these titles should be translatable.

--
Martijn Pieters