ranjith kannikara wrote:
I came across an error in module Acquisition, while trying to port
zope2 to python2.5. There was a discussion over the same topic in
JAN-2008. In acquisition the wrapper compare is returning false
irrespective of the parameters.

 And the problem I stuck with was that in the comparisons 1 and 3 the
function Wrapper_compare defined in _Acquisition.c is not even called.

How a function (say Wrapper_compare) from a C-API is being called on
reaching a line like  >>> b.c.d == c .

You want to read http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-dev/2008-January/030784.html

It gives you all the hints you need to digg into this some more.

As a side note, please make sure you base your work on Zope trunk, as that has seen quite a lot of changes to Acquisition.c recently.

(who's no good with the C API)