Hi.

Hanno Schlichting wrote:
ranjith kannikara wrote:
I came across an error in module Acquisition, while trying to port
zope2 to python2.5. There was a discussion over the same topic in
JAN-2008. In acquisition the wrapper compare is returning false
irrespective of the parameters.

 And the problem I stuck with was that in the comparisons 1 and 3 the
function Wrapper_compare defined in _Acquisition.c is not even called.

How a function (say Wrapper_compare) from a C-API is being called on
reaching a line like  >>> b.c.d == c .

You want to read http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-dev/2008-January/030784.html

It gives you all the hints you need to digg into this some more.

Just making sure, you did find http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0207 explaining 'Rich Comparisons' in Python by now, right? Please don't be shy and ask if you want to know more or share some of your results. Sidnei is not the only one, who is eager to help you :)

Hanno