Benji York wrote:
On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 2:35 PM, Martijn Faassen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I guess one difference here is that it seems more common in the RDB scenario
to have multiple ways to reach the same object, and even if you just publish
one, you can get to the actual object in multiple ways.

In this case it'd be nice to convince IAbsoluteURL to somehow know which URL
option is the best, or alternatively, give the object somehow its
'canonical' location (parent, etc) even if you don't get it that way.

I have an app that allows the same object to be reachable via several
URLs.  When we wanted one of the URLs to be preferred (none are really
"cononical" in my case), then we did just as you suggest above and added
a way for the IAbsoluteURL adapter(s) to know which URL was preferred.
It worked out quite well.

Cool. Where does the adapter get the information to make a decision from? I mean, how does it know to use URL A and not URL B?