On Jun 5, 2008, at 9:52 AM, David Otero Figueroa wrote:

I would like to know:
- Can conflict errors appear when reading objects from the ZODB?

Yes

- Could conflict errors be the cause of a "spinning ZOPE" scenario?

Yes.

- Is there any situation where ZOPE could try to write objects when rendering an "only read" page?

Yes. Sessions can often cause writes, depending on how you use them and on the session implementation you're using.

- How can they be solved?

You can set a break point in ZODB.Connection.register and then look at the call stack to see who's writing.

- Can I realize partial commits? How to?

I don't know what a "partial commit" is. You can commit more often. This usually is a bad idea and wouldn't help if you don't intent to write in the first place.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton
Zope Corporation