Hermann Himmelbauer wrote:
Am Mittwoch, 4. Juni 2008 22:09 schrieb Laurence Rowe:
Hermann Himmelbauer wrote:
In my application, I then use getSASession() to retrieve my session.

However, what I think is not that beautiful is the "s.bind = engine"
part. Are there any suggestions how to improve this?
You have two options

If you ever need to mix objects from different `sites` into the same
session, you should use an adapter on your root object like:

If you don't need to mix objects from different `sites` then you can
register a local utility for ISessionConfig.

def scope():
   return getUtility(ISessionConfig).uid, thread.get_ident()

def factory():
   engine = Engine(getUtility(ISessionConfig).url)
   return create_session(
     transactional=True, autoflush=True, bind=engine
     extension=ZopeTransactionExtension(),
     ))

Session = scoped_session(factory, scopefunc=scope)

Then you can just import Session and use:
    session = Session()

Ok, great, thanks for help. The only thing I don't understand is what "uid" from the SessionConfig utility is. Below is my full database integration code which works for me, perhaps this is helpful to someone else.

uid is some id that distinguishes your various application instances. On zope 2 I would probably use getPhysicalPath(). I don't know what the zope3 equivalent is.

Looking at your code, why did you decide to store the engine on a _v_ attribute? I don't think you need to save it at all. You can access a connection through session.connection()

Btw., I'd suggest to put such code / session use cases in some Zope package, maybe into zope.sqlalchemy, or e.g. zope.sqlalchemy_utility as it's really difficult for non-insiders to set this up.

We would need to work out what parts are useful to the various higher level sqlalchemy / zope packages. Once we can agree on a common core then we should at least make simple use cases available through zope.sqlalchemy directly.

Laurence