On Jun 6, 2008, at 9:48 AM, Fred Drake wrote:

On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 9:44 AM, Benji York <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I avoided suggesting this earlier, but perhaps we need to define a level to run the tests at. Then buildbot could run all tests at level X and
below and you could put the truly long-running tests above X.

Another approach would be to have the buildbot run a bin/buildbot-test
instead of bin/test, if present.  That let's the package suggest what
makes sense for running under buildbot without having to get people to
agree on how "levels" are used (a more complicated issue).

Huh, that sounds like it might be easy-ish for Christian, putting the responsibility where it arguably should be, on the package maintainer. +1, if Christian says it's easy for him.