On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 11:34:45AM -0400, Benji York wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 11:21 AM, Christian Theune <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 11:12:22AM -0400, Benji York wrote:
> >>
> >> Actually, I think we do want to fix the versions, but using the KGS.
> >
> > Maybe on a branch, but not on a trunk and not using a local implementation
> > of
> > `version=` ;)
>
> I disagree; we should be explicit about what versions we test with
> (including the trunk).  I believe this discussion has come up before;
> I don't believe we came up with a hard and fast policy at that point.
> I'm not interested enough to have the argument now, but for anything
> that I maintain I'll certainly want nailed versions on the trunk (KGS
> or otherwise).

Unfortunately I won't shut up immediately. ;)

I think it was very helpful that the buildbot picked up the changes of
zope.tal for the other packages' trunks quickly so we all still knew why they
broke. We would loose that when sticking to explicit versions and get updated
much much later requiring us to work harder to remember what happened.

Christian

--
Christian Theune · [EMAIL PROTECTED]