Since the problem can be reproduced with a very simple manipulation and leads to an unusable user account (it occured for me in a production application), I think it is worth releasing zope.app.container 3.6.1 and backporting to 3.5.x so the fix be available in zope 3.4

Christophe

Christophe Combelles a écrit :
I've just found it's a duplicate of #163149.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope3/+bug/163149

I'll commit the fix.

Christophe

Christophe Combelles a écrit :
Hi,

If an object with a unicode name is copied then deleted, there is a unicode error. I've reported it here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope3/+bug/238579

This is annoying because the user account becomes unusable!

The deleted object is kept in the user's clipboard, and the traversal is tried evereytime a folder is viewed, to check if the object is pasteable().
The ContainerTraversable adapter tries to gettattr with a unicode name.

I've attached a patch with unittest + ftest + fix. Could you please check this is the right place or the right way to fix it? If this is ok, I will commit the fix.

regards,
Christophe