Jim Fulton wrote:

On Jun 11, 2008, at 12:09 PM, Martijn Faassen wrote:

I saw Jim started work on a zc.yuiresource, but then stopped before it did anything useful. I assume it was going to make the YUI libraries available as a resource library. The strategy would be to check in a release of YUI, add the right ZCML, and then release the whole thing as an egg.

But before any of that happened, Jim stopped. Jim, is there any special reason this work didn't continue?

Yes, I got bogged down trying to decide how to make it work. :)

Unlike Ext, YUI is distributed as lots of individual files. To know which ones to load, you have to know their dependencies, or you have to use the loader. In the short term, I decided to just use the loader *and* use files hosted off the YUI site.

Ah, yes. I don't like the loader but that's mostly because you can't use it for your own extensions as far as I could figure out. It centralizes what depends on what instead of putting it into the individual .js files. I don't like manually loading dependencies either of course. :)

I can't use the files hosted off the YUI site in my deployment, as web applications can run locally.

I was just thinking about making the minimal thing work; have the ability to publish the stuff locally as a resource library directory or something...