On Jun 18, 2008, at 19:32 , Fred Drake wrote:

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 1:27 PM, yuppie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Sorry. I was referring to the current Zope 2 (and CMF) policy:

"Note that you don't need to note the fix in the CHANGES.txt on the trunk if you don't want to. At the time a new feature release is made, we merge the items in CHANGES.txt from the trunk and current release branch so that for
any given release it notes the actual changes as of that release."
http://www.zope.org/DevHome/Subversion/ZopeDevelopmentProcess

Egads.  No wonder there was a question about what's the right thing.

That's not it.

Considering situations where there's more than one release branch that "merging" process becomes quite tedious. So I concur, I'd rather get rid of that scheme.

jens