Hi there,

Malthe Borch wrote:
[snip]
I suggest we then register views as components providing ``zope.component.IView``; browser views should provide ``zope.publisher.interfaces.browser.IBrowserView``.

I think this would improve things, and thanks for bringing this up.

There's one major problem that I see. What's the backwards compatibility story? I'm sure there are a lot of cases in lots of code where people look up views with a getMultiAdapter, and if we started registering views differently, wouldn't that code break? How to we get from A to B?

Regards,

Martijn