On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 09:08:54AM +0200, Jens Vagelpohl wrote:

> On Jun 18, 2008, at 20:30 , yuppie wrote:
>> The current Zope 2 policy doesn't make sure the change history of
>> unreleased versions is complete. But that's no essential part of that
>> policy. And working with unreleased versions you might use subversion
>> anyway.
>
> See, I think that's bad. The change log should reflect all changes, be
> it in a released version or from Subversion. Or be it a release branch
> or the trunk.

Please note that our use of the CHANGES.txt is more that of `release notes`
meaning it should have a more condensed form of what would be available using
`svn log`. I wouldn't see the point maintaining a text file that has identical
information that could be retrieved from SVN.

The condensed form is intended to provide better usability than to wade
through hundreds of commits.

Christian

--
Christian Theune · [EMAIL PROTECTED]