On Jun 19, 2008, at 09:51 , Christian Theune wrote:

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 09:08:54AM +0200, Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
See, I think that's bad. The change log should reflect all changes, be it in a released version or from Subversion. Or be it a release branch
or the trunk.

Please note that our use of the CHANGES.txt is more that of `release notes` meaning it should have a more condensed form of what would be available using `svn log`. I wouldn't see the point maintaining a text file that has identical
information that could be retrieved from SVN.

The condensed form is intended to provide better usability than to wade
through hundreds of commits.

I meant the same thing, yes. The main point was simply that all branches and the trunk should always have a complete change log and no merging or picking stuff from one or more branches to get to the complete change history should be necessary.

jens