On Jun 19, 2008, at 14:41 , Martijn Faassen wrote:

Tres Seaver wrote:
Christian Theune wrote:
My preference would be to have more important changes first.
Please don't make it a judgement call: keep it time-descending order, just like the releases. Among other things, this makes merge conflicts
more obvious, and easier to to fix.

With time-descending order you mean add more recent fixes to the top of the section, right? Where 'section' is probably the 'bug fixes' or 'features' section per release.

I'd vote for the simple time-based order with the newest entries at the top as well. Matter of fact, unless there's such a large amount of entries for a release that you need more order, I would do away with sub-sections like "bug fixes", "features" etc as well. I'd put a simple prefix at the front:

- BUG: Fixed behavior of foobar widget

- FEATURE: Added new bar widget for handling baz values.

- ...