On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 08:51:17PM +0200, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'd like to announce my contribution for the expanding list of options for
> SQLAlchemy integration for Zope 3.

Looks good, I'd like to vote for moving some parts of it to
zope.sqlalchemy. Namely z3c.saconfig.interfaces.IScopedSession and the
entirety of z3c.saconfig.scopedsession.

Also for this problem:

    # XXX what happens if EngineFactory were to be evicted from the ZODB
    # cache?
    def getCached(self):
        return getattr(self, '_v_engine', None)

I think you could use the same mechanism found in zope.app.cache.ram.
I.e. store the engines in a module level global dictionary. Then use
some clever way (with a counter and time) to figure out a unique key for
your local utility (and persistently store the key).

--
Brian Sutherland