Chris Withers wrote:
Hey All,

I'm trying to run a plone-ish buildout on Windows for a customer, currently getting this:

creating zope.proxy
copying zope/proxy\proxy.h -> zope.proxy
error: Python was built with Visual Studio 2003;
extensions must be built with a compiler than can generate compatible binaries. Visual Studio 2003 was not found on this system. If you have Cygwin installed,
you can try compiling with MingW32, by passing "-c mingw32" to
   Installing zope2.

Do binary eggs exist for zope.proxy and friends?
If not, how do I build 'em and upload them for others to use?

If they do exist, how do I get buildout to use them rather than trying to build from source on my system?

buildout will use binary eggs if they exist and match the version spec, so you may want a [version] block. However:

- if you really are installing zope2, then I wonder why it's trying to download zope.proxy. This is possibly a case of egg dependencies gone wrong, and you may want to look at plone.recipe.zope2install and its "fake eggs" optoin

- you probably want to do what the error message says and install mingw32. look at for some instructions on how to prepare for building zope in wintendo.

want to work with Plone. See