Martin Aspeli wrote:
Chris Withers wrote:
Hey All,

I'm trying to run a plone-ish buildout on Windows for a customer, currently getting this:

creating zope.proxy
copying zope/proxy\proxy.h -> zope.proxy
error: Python was built with Visual Studio 2003;
extensions must be built with a compiler than can generate compatible binaries. Visual Studio 2003 was not found on this system. If you have Cygwin installed,
you can try compiling with MingW32, by passing "-c mingw32" to
   Installing zope2.

Do binary eggs exist for zope.proxy and friends?
If not, how do I build 'em and upload them for others to use?

If they do exist, how do I get buildout to use them rather than trying to build from source on my system?

buildout will use binary eggs if they exist and match the version spec, so you may want a [version] block. However:

- if you really are installing zope2, then I wonder why it's trying to download zope.proxy.

It's not, it's just compiling Zope 2 which contains zope.proxy. From my initial reply to Chris:

  This isn't a matter of a binary zope.proxy egg. If you look at the
  'zope2' part of your buildout.cfg, you'll see it's actually trying to
  compile Zope 2 itself (which happens to contain the zope.proxy package
  as part of the Zope 3 libraries that it ships with).