Sidnei da Silva wrote:
On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 1:10 PM, Philipp von Weitershausen
b) or extend the plone.recipe.zope2install recipe to get the binary Zope
installer and execute it (if that's even possible) on Windows, rather than
trying to get the source tarball and compile it (this would still be the
default for Unixy platforms).

Why would it not be possible?

Another option would be to use some sort of 'Inno Unpacker', which I
believe exists but I have not looked at.

Yet another option would be to just tar up the results of running
' build-ext -i' on a extracted tarball and put it in some
common location, alongside with the installer.

...or just eggify Zope 2 into a few big eggs:

- anything from Zope 3 can come from existing eggs
- one big egg for the rest of Zope 2

Surely that'd do it, right? I have vague memories of someone working on this... who is it?