Hi all,

The zope.org "redux" project has slowed down too much lately. I think we are dangerously close to something that's sufficient to go live and would be a huge improvement over the current state of affairs. We just need the last push. In order to do that, we need a little bit of a help from a few people. Please consider helping out at this crucial time.

The current site is here:

 - http://new.zope.org

There is a project, which is now open for people to join and browse, here:

 - http://www.openplans.org/projects/zorg-redux/

I have put up a wiki page that explains the site map and tries to identify what remains.

 - http://www.openplans.org/projects/zorg-redux/site-map

We need:

 1. Project co-ordination/management

This is/was my role. Unfortunately, I think I'm failing in my responsibilities, and I'd love to hand this over to someone else and step back to become more of a contributor. Due to changes at work, I now have a lot less time than I did when this project was started.

This role involves setting some goals, communicating about progress and cajoling people into contributing. It shouldn't be very demanding of time, but it will require some faith in the project and enthusiasm.

2. People to step up and own pages or sections. This means contributing content!

3. Reviewers! I'd like to see one or two people review the whole site for consistency and accuracy. Given that there's only a dozen pages or so, that shouldn't be too hard. Ideally, this should be someone who's been around the bend a few times.

Two things are clear right now: Christophe Combelles is a hero, and the rest of us are slacking. :)

I think it's feasible to put the site live in 2 months: 1 month to write content, and 1 month to review and sort out logistics. That assumes half a dozen people spending half a day in total each, or thereabouts. That doesn't sound so bad, does it?

To move this forward, please:

- Volunteer for a section or page by editing the wiki and/or just posting here.

 - Ask me for a username on new.zope.org if you don't have one already.

 - Go write!

 - Report back here.

Cheers,
Martin