Benji York wrote:
If you use zc.buildout, then you can try the branch by checking it out,
adding a "develop" entry into your buildout config referencing it, and
updating any version spec for zope.testing to "3.6dev".  I'd really like
third-party confirmation of the total test time reductions I've seen.

As this sounds very cool, I couldn't help but try it. I do get an error, though:

Ran 80 tests with 2 failures and 0 errors in 37.463 seconds.
Exception in thread Thread-1:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4/lib/python2.4/threading.py", line 442, in __bootstrap
File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4/lib/python2.4/threading.py", line 422, in run
    self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
File "/opt/tmp/zope.testing/src/zope/testing/testrunner/runner.py", line 419, in spawn_layer_in_subprocess
    raise SubprocessError(
SubprocessError: No subprocess summary found: Error: option --resume-layer not recognized

This is inside a test collection in the Plone land, so there might be something on the various other layers involved here, that causes this. But maybe you have an idea what this is about?