On Mon, 07 Jul 2008 13:44:43 -0700, Wichert Akkerman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Previously Hanno Schlichting wrote:
Tim Hicks wrote:
>Am I right in thinking that there is a duplication of information in
>having an eggified product's version number stored in setup.py and
>version.txt?

Having your setup.py read its version from version.txt is easy, if you
don't want to update two places.

I think the more interesting question is, why we need a persistent
registry of installed products and any information about them at all
anymore?

ZClasses

Speaking of which, are there plans to rip out ZClasses from Zope 2.12? It's about time!

--
Alexander Limi ยท http://limi.net