On Mon, 07 Jul 2008 13:44:43 -0700, Wichert Akkerman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Previously Hanno Schlichting wrote:
Tim Hicks wrote:
>Am I right in thinking that there is a duplication of information in
>having an eggified product's version number stored in setup.py and

Having your setup.py read its version from version.txt is easy, if you
don't want to update two places.

I think the more interesting question is, why we need a persistent
registry of installed products and any information about them at all

Speaking of which, are there plans to rip out ZClasses from Zope 2.12? It's about time!

Alexander Limi ยท http://limi.net