As it's name implies, the CookieClientIdManager manages HTTP client ids using HTTP cookies. Recently, I've found it to be useful to be able to get a client id via form data. The reason is that flash programs don't send browser cookies. This bit me when trying to use the YUI uploader,, which uses a flash program to select and upload files. I'm using session authentication and the only way I found to make it possible to upload files to protected pages was to pass the client id as form data. I have a custom client id manager that gets the id from form data as well as from a cookie. I propose to merge this with CookieClientIdManager.

Any objections?

Jim Fulton
Zope Corporation