On Jul 10, 2008, at 9:28 AM, Roger Ineichen wrote:

Hi Jim

Betreff: [Zope-dev] Proposal: add form support

As it's name implies, the CookieClientIdManager manages HTTP
client ids using HTTP cookies. Recently, I've found it to be
useful to be able to get a client id via form data.  The
reason is that flash programs don't send browser cookies.
This bit me when trying to use the YUI uploader,
http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/uploader/, which uses a flash
program to select and upload files.  I'm using session
authentication and the only way I found to make it possible
to upload files to protected pages was to pass the client id
as form data.  I have a custom client id manager that gets
the id from form data as well as from a cookie.  I propose to
merge this with CookieClientIdManager.

Any objections?

Does this bring in new dependencies to zope.session?

Jim Fulton
Zope Corporation