Mark Hammond wrote:
I think you've misunderstood slightly here ... PAS was and is a Zope 2
user folder implementation. It pre-dates Zope 3 (at least as we know it
now).

I was referring to the thread at
http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-pas/2004-September/000086.html, entitled
"[Zope-PAS] Challengers (and Zope 3)" - but I do admit I haven't been
keeping a close eye on Zope3 since then so things may have changed (but the
claim PAS predates Zope 3 seems suspect in the context of that thread,
unless Zope 3 has changed since then in a way it no longer means Zope 3 ;)

Sorry, I may've gotten my history mixed up a little here, but in any case, I think the point remains: no-one's said (nor not said) that PAS is to be deprecated in favour of PAU in a Zope 2/CMF/Plone context at least. So I don't think you missed that. ;-)

Martin