Chris Withers wrote:
Stephan Richter wrote:
On Saturday 12 July 2008, Martijn Faassen wrote:
Chris wants to do them, he just wants some documentation on how to get
started, I suspect.
I use Philipp's blog entry from ages ago:

http://www.z3lab.org/sections/blogs/philipp-weitershausen/2007_07_26_cheap-binary-windows

You see, I've always worried about using mingw32.

I was under the impression that you really wanted to have all the C bits compiled with the same compiler, and I know that the official Python 2.5 releases aren't compiled with mingw32...

Can someone with definitive knowledge let us know if there can be problems when some C-extensions are compiled with mingw32 and others (including python itself!) are compiled with the appropriate microsoft compiler?

Certainly, running Python 2.4 and Zope 2.10 compiled with mingw32 on Windows as per http://plone.org/documentation/tutorial/buildout has not given us any problems after a few months of using it.

Martin