Chris Withers wrote:
Martin Aspeli wrote:
Certainly, running Python 2.4 and Zope 2.10 compiled with mingw32 on Windows as per has not given us any problems after a few months of using it.

I would expect the above to work as *everything* is built using mingw32.

No, it is not. It uses the official Python Windows installer, being built with some M$ C compiler, adds Python Win32 add-ons and PIL using the Windows binary installers and only advertises using MinGW for compiling all of Zope itself.

I haven't seen anyone running into any problems with this approach for years now.

From my understanding starting with 2.4 Python includes certain files to make this approach work as smooth as possible. In the old days you had to extract some header files out of the dll's, which are now included in the binary installers by default.