On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 2:28 PM, Stephan Richter
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Right, but annotations are still content in their own right. And we fire
> events that are specific to annotations all the time, for example in workflow
> instances.

I agree that it's reasonable to fire some event when an annotation is
added; I don't think it should provide to
zope.app.container.interfaces.IObjectAddedEvent, because that is about
the containment hierarchy.

It *might* be reasonable for the factory machinery to trigger an
ObjectCreatedEvent for the new object; I've little opinion on that.

It *is* reasonable for the IAnnotations adapters to generate a
specific annotation-added event when an annotation is added.  There
are probably a whole bunch of other hooks needed to get all that
working with catalogs, and I'd hate to see more magical subscribers
added to make that happen; the existing subscribers that deal with
catalogs and int id assignments are already excessively implicit, and
often need to be suppressed for large applications.

 -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr. <fdrake at gmail.com>