On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 02:04:32PM +0100, Martin Aspeli wrote:
>  I think it's worth displaying some sensitivity to the context of Google
>  Summer of Code here. I too worry that PAULA may throw the baby (PAS) out
>  with the bathwater.
>
>  However, GSoC is an excellent incubator of R&D, and has secondary goals such
>  as bringing more people into the community and engaging with students so
>  that they become the future contributors of our projects. Shooing them down
>  in flames is not going to help.

I see my work clearly in the R&D area, too, and I would like to take it as an
opportunity to get further involved with Plone and Zope development. Sorry, if I
am kicking off flames on the way there ;)

>  I wish that some of these discussions had been had in the open so that more
>  people could weigh in. However, most people who aren't used to the open
>  source way (and plenty who are, even) find it difficult to address a whole
>  community on a public mailing list and understand the nuances of the
>  address.

point taken

>  On balance, I think it's great that Florian is exploring new territory here.
>  PAULA may or may become a part of Zope and/or Plone in the future. It may be
>  that we use bits of it and let other bits evolve separately. It may be that
>  it dies, but at least then we have a clear idea about what PAU is and what
>  benefits it can bring. The notion of having a bridge component certainly
>  sounds sensible to me.
>
>  So, please, let's not be too harsh until we've seen the final product and
>  given it a fair chance.

thank you very much for supporting my idea

florian

PS: Did you intentionally not post to plone-developer's? As all of them are on
zope-dev, too?