On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 10:45 AM, Stephan Richter
> But I agree. The system supports simple type and that is one of the use cases.
> While I originally wanted to add at least 2 of the events to the IAnnotations
> adapter itself, I agree with you that the overhead penalty might be too
> severe.

I don't think I said anything about a penalty on this, though that
could certainly be an issue.  I doubt it really is, though.

> With this in mind, I am modifying my proposal to add 2 event notifications to
> the factory only to produce a function like this (it is the result of calling
> the annotation factory):

My preference would be that these events would not be specific to the
factory, keeping the model clean.

> I am torn whether the created event should be a annotation specific or not,
> because an object is not an annotation until it has been added as one.

The created event should not be annotation-specific, for the reason you cite

Fred L. Drake, Jr. <fdrake at gmail.com>