Lennart Regebro wrote:
On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 22:36, Hanno Schlichting <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
You have to pay
i18n:count="view/amount">6 dollars</span>.

In this case the underlying value is a simple integer, but the actual
presentation might be locale dependent, like currency formatting.

Ah. Yes, that's a nice usecase I hadn't thought about.

How does this behave in regard to zope.i18nmessageid?

There will need to be some extension of the API, I think.

So I think we need to signal to the messageid which variable in the mapping
is significant for the i18n count, right?

It's easier to just pass in the i18n count separately, IMO.

Right. Since otherwise you won't be able to support the same use-case I outlined above in regard to the currency formatting. There the count variable might not be contained in the mapping at all.