On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 04:49:12PM -0400, Brandon Craig Rhodes wrote:
> Tres Seaver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > I think originally folks started doing this because the properties
> > (svn:ignore, svn:externals) can't be viewed from the web interface.
> > I'm not arguing for the practice, and in fact would prefer that we
> > update the webapp to something which *can* expose the properties.
>
> I think we should also update the webapp to something that handles
> directories and files consistently.  To view a directory, you click on
> its name, but to view a file, you have to click on the revision number;
> and after browsing through a dozen directories, it is really hard for me
> always to remember to select a file by clicking on something different.

Trac's repository browser is much nicer than ViewVC.  Example:

  http://source.schooltool.org/trac/browser/trunk/schooltool

Trac comes with a lot of baggage (wiki, issue tracker), but those can be
disabled.

Marius Gedminas
--
Linux is a fast moving project, with very fast evolving components. If you're
using an older distribution, older than 4 to 6 months (and anything with