Bristow Thankachan wrote:

        def reorder(s, with=None, without=()):
        SyntaxError: invalid syntax

        in line 56 of
        The same code when run in python2.4 and python2.5 didn't give
        any syntax errors. Can anybody suggest  the reason for this
        syntax error in python2.6.

    I'd say, "with" is now a keyword.

    btw, shouldn't this already give a warning in 2.5?

Actually it does:

Python 2.5.2 (r252:60911, Apr 17 2008, 13:15:05)
[GCC 4.2.3 (Debian 4.2.3-3)] on linux2
>>> def foo(with=5):
<stdin>:1: Warning: 'with' will become a reserved keyword in Python 2.6
...     pass

So while I'm generally happy with getting zope and python developement
better in sync it seems we have been too fast here since I believe
python2.5 migration is actually still in process and now you are heading
for 2.6? Doing it one after the other should already ruled out such

I wonder what can of worms is waiting in the restricted python area.