Martijn Faassen wrote:
On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 8:40 AM, ranjith kannikara

I hope the code for this assert (used in line "assert self.aq_base ==
self" ) is defined for zope and can be fixed with not so much effort.
Can any one suggest where why these different versions are showing two results.
Or the file or code segment that does this assertion .

I don't know why there is a different result, but it's important to
find out. Otherwise all sorts of assumptions might be broken! That
said, it's in a module, I wonder what the purpose of that
module is.

The module was added by philiKON and me and fakes Acquisition support (by providing all required methods) for classes not inheriting from Acquisition anymore.

This was part of the AQ vs. __parent__ merge. For example Five BrowserView's don't inherit from any Acquistion base classes anymore, but for backwards compatibility we still provide the methods (aq_parent, aq_inner, ...) on the class, since lots of code out in the wild might use them.

If the assert statement fails now, the actual cause needs to be investigated and fixed.