Marius Gedminas a écrit :
Something seems to be wrong with zope.app.authentication 3.4.2 and
zope.app.container 3.5.5 eggs:

    Test-module import failures:

    Module: zope.app.authentication.tests

    ValueError: line 13 of the docstring for principalfolder.txt has
inconsistent leading whitespace: '\r'

    Module: zope.app.authentication.browser.tests

    ValueError: line 18 of the docstring for principalfolder.txt has
inconsistent leading whitespace: '\r'

    Module: zope.app.container.browser.tests.test_contents_functional

    ValueError: line 12 of the docstring for index.txt has inconsistent leading
whitespace: '\r'

    Module: zope.app.container.tests.test_constraints

    ValueError: line 11 of the docstring for constraints.txt has inconsistent
leading whitespace: '\r'

Ideas?  Eggs built on Windows?  Missing svn:eol-style=native properties?  Mixed
\n and \r\n line endings?

Marius Gedminas

There is something seriously broken with these two packages. When I install zope.app.container 3.5.5 from PyPI, I'm missing some files such as "add.pt", and all the files end with '^M'.

I've found there are two problems here :

1) All the files from the source distribution have been modified during sdist and include a Windows line terminator (^M). This should not happen, and makes the tests unhappy.

2) The distribution have been generated from a bad working environment, instead of a clean checkout of the tag. If I regenerate the sdist from the tag, everything is ok.

What should we do in such a case? Create another tag 3.5.6 == 3.5.5 and reupload as 3.5.6 ?

Is there any way to prevent this problem in the future?

Christophe